We offer easy and simple backup and restore of lost or deleted data from G Suite. You can benefit from our best-of-breed restore-in-time machine, which gets you the most from every backup. Here is how this works.
We create a daily automatic backup of all your data for every Google application. We create a snapshot, or a Version, of your account. This is the exact state of your account as of the moment of the backup process.
This means that you can view, restore, and migrate data not only from the latest backup, but to the exact version of files, folders, contacts, events, etc. that you require from a given day.
To view, restore, or migrate files using our restore-in-time machine, go to www.spinbackup.com and follow these steps:
- If you have a Spinbackup account, tap the Log in as G Suite / Google Apps Administrator button in the upper right corner.If you have no account and, therefore, no backed up data, it is impossible to use versioning. Check our How to Sign Up for Business Account article to explore versioning while viewing, recovering, migrating and downloading data in future.
- Insert your e-mail and password or sign in with Google.
- On your dashboard to the left, click Users.
- In a new window, you will see a list of all your domain users. Find the name of the user whose data needs to be viewed, restored, or migrated, then open the specific application you want to view by clicking the +/- button and choosing the application that you need.
- In a new window, you will see your latest backup version. To change the version, click the Version button.
In a pop-up window, you can choose the required version by finding it in the list or choosing the required date in the calendar. When the version is chosen, press Ok.
- Now you can see the backup version you have selected. You can click on a file to open it and view the content to make sure that this is exactly the exact file that you need.
Please note: Spinbackup saves last 100 backup versions which correspond to the last 100 days if there was no manual backup. If there was a message or file in your Google application that was backed up in the version earlier than 100 versions ago and does not exist in accessible 100 versions, you can find it in a Lost & Found section.
- To find a file in the Lost & Found section, go back to Step 5 by clicking the Version button. In a pop-up window, click Lost & Found, and then Ok.You will see a list of files that are more than 100 versions ago. Find the one you need.
- When the required file is found, you can view, restore, and migrate it.
To learn more about the restoration process, read our Google Account: Deleted Data Recovery article.
To learn about how to migrate files from one Google account to another one within the organization, read our How to Easily Migrate Data between Google Accounts within the Organization article.
Thank you and happy Versioning!