With Spinbackup for Business you can easily move data from any Google account to another one within the organization.
Go to spinbackup.com and follow these steps:
1. If you already have a Spinbackup account, tap the Log in as G Suite / Google Apps Administrator button in the upper right-hand corner.
If you have no Spinbackup account, check our How to Sign Up for Spinbackup Account for Business article.
2. Insert your e-mail and password or sign in with Google.
3. If the data that must be migrated is not backed up by Spinbackup yet, back it up manually. To do this, read our Google Account: How to Back Up Your Data article.
If you have the required data backed up, simply skip this step.
4. On the left of your dashboard click on Users.
5. In a new window you will see a list of all your domain users, subscribed to Spinbackup. Choose the name of the user, whose data needs to be migrated and then unfold it by clicking on the +/- button. You can migrate files from any Google application, so choose the corresponding application name button and click on it.
6. By pressing the Version button, choose the backup version that corresponds to the last date, when the required data existed on the user’s account.
You can choose the required version by finding it in the list or choosing the required date in the calendar. When the version is chosen, press Ok. If the desired restore point corresponds to the last backup version, simply skip this step.
Please note: Spinbackup saves the last 100 backup versions, that correspond to the last 100 days, if there was no manual backup. If a message or file in your Google application was backed up earlier than 100 days ago, hence it does not exist in the accessible 100 versions, you can find it in the Lost & Found section.
For more information about the hierarchy levels available for restore, Lost & Found section and the restore-in-time machine please read our Restore-in-Time Machine and Version Control article.
7. You have three ways to migrate your data:
- Migrate several individual letters (files, folders, events, etc.):
Press the checkboxes of the data to be migrated.
- Migrate all data on a screen:
Press the upper checkbox. You can move to another page and/or change the amount of units on the screen in the upper right-hand corner.
- Migrate the whole Google application of a selected user.
Select nothing and move to the next step.
Please note: The whole Google application migration function does not work during the free trial period, when the maximum amount per migration process is 200 units (letters, files, folders, etc.). You can migrate over 200 units with several migration processes. To migrate the whole application with one click, you need to upgrade your Spinbackup account.
8. Press Restore.
9. In a pop-up window select the e-mail address of the domain user, you want to migrate the data to. You can only select among those users, who are subscribed to Spinbackup. Then press the Start restore button.
10. The system will notify you as soon as the migration process is done. Check the Google application “Restored by Spinbackup at…” folder and enjoy your migrated data.
Please note: By default, only the route administrator can migrate data between accounts. However, you can nominate an additional administrator and give him/her permission to migrate data. You can revoke this permission in the future if needed. To learn more, read our How to Assign Additional Administrators and Manage Their Access Levels article.